Our practical accounting work experience covers financial and management accounting training in a work setting. It is so designed to bridge the gap between accounting knowledge, past trainings on one hand and the required job experience on the other hands. We get you prepared as:
- Assistant Accountant or
- Financial Accountant or
- Management Accountant
The entry requirements will normally depends on which of the above paths you plan to undertake.
Broadly speaking, as applicants’ suitability will be assessed on case by case basis, we advised that our accountancy trainings are for you if:
- You lack a UK accountancy related professional work experience which WILL be hindering your chance of securing a dream role in the accounting profession.
- Your CV is not getting in front of the pack as recruiters may have permanently turn their back on your resume due to your lack of quality accounting experience.
- Despite your certifications and trainings in accountancy, you have been working in non-accounting related role and can-not wait to land your dream fulfilling accounting role.
- You require some accounting competence for you to prepare your personal and basic business accounts. This will afford you the opportunity to learn how to design month end and year end account procedures. You may find yourself being able to now file tax return for your business and prepare management account, tax planning and annual accounts to Companies House.
As part of all our training package, we offer you:
- Industry standard tools on all our programmes
- Soft skills trainings and development
- Daily mentoring and coaching,
- Weekly interview coaching
- Professional CV Writing
Please get in contact with our career management specialists to assess your suitability for any programme in the cadre of courses we have for accountancy career.
Tools we use for our accounting and finance trainings are:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Assistant Accountant Practical Work Experience
- Sage 50 Xero Training – fundamentals
- Classification & analysis of financial documents
- Account opening balances
- Inputting, matching, batching & coding of invoices
- Processing and allocating payments and receipts
- Processing payment runs
- Payroll journals
- Bank Reconciliation in Sage and Excel
- Aged debtor analysis,
- Managing Petty Cash
- Systems you will use: Sage 50 or Xero, and MS Excel
- Preparing accounts to Trial balance
- Excel basics to intermediate training
- Error identification and correction
- Control Accounts
- Clearing the suspense account
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns
- Anti-money laundering compliance awareness
Financial Accountant Practical Work Experience
- KPI analysis and reporting.
- Financial data analysis u prepayments, depreciation, capital allowances.
- Control accounts reconciliation (Debtors, Creditors, Bank, Wages) Adjusted Trial balance.
- Credit Control system.
- Producing Balance sheet & profit & Loss account.
- Producing cash flow statement & statement of changes in equity
- Tax planning basics
- Capital allowances calculation
- Adjustments to trading profit
- Completing the CT600 & companies house a/c’s
- Cash flow projection
- VAT return reconciliation.
- Excel basics to intermediate training.
Management Accountant Practical Work Experience
- An overview of Financial Accounting Vs Management accounting
- Budget development and Forecasting
- Report writing and financial presentation
- KPI and Variance analysis
- Cash flow projection
- Financial data analysis using pivot tables, VLOOKUP and IF statements
- Balance sheet item reconciliations using lead schedules for: Fixed assets, Debtors, Creditors, Tax, Accruals, Prepayments, Reserves
- Production of management accounting/ board pack
- Business performance reporting